Giardino dell'Orticoltura was built by Giacomo Roster in 1879 for the Societą Toscana di Orticoltura (the Tuscan Horticultural Society), this impressive steel and glass pavilion is used to display the flowers and plants that are grown each year. Marquis Pietro Torrigiani, the chief of the Georgofili Academia, founded the Tuscan society of Horticultural in 1859. Since then, the Florentines come to admire the flowers and plants grown during the month of April where there are exhibitions. The grounds surrounding the pavilion are very serene with a playground for the children on a fall day.
read more about Giardino dell'Orticoltura