Q) What makes Provident Luxury Suites Fisher Island a unique experience for guests?
A) Our property is located on one of the most exclusive islands in the world. It’s accessible only via ferry or private yacht. Each suite also comes with your own golf cart which is the preferred method of transportation on the island. The island is also a bird sanctuary so you’ll see many peacocks, flamingos, and other exotic birds roaming around. When staying with us, you also receive a temporary Fisher Island Club membership which allows you utilize the club amenities such as the seaside golf course, (16) tennis courts, (6) restaurants, a bird aviary, an observatory, spa, fitness center with an extensive class schedule, beach club, salon, and more!
Q) Can you explain what makes Provident Luxury Suites Fisher Island appealing to travelers as a vacation destination?
A) Fisher Island is a short, eight minute ferry ride away from South Beach; however, when you’re on the island, you feel like you’re a million miles away from the rest of the world. The island is very private, safe and offers numerous amenities so you don’t need to leave the island if you don’t want to. If you do want to explore South Beach, it’s very easy to do so since the ferry runs 24 hours a day and is always either loading or unloading so you never have to wait long. Our property appeals to golfers, tennis players, or guests just looking for a relaxing, spa getaway
Q) Are there any “must-try” dishes or drinks at the resort that guests should order?
A)Be sure to try the sushi at the Sunset Bar or enjoy a delicious steak at the Garwood Lounge and Piano Bar.
Q) What are the three things about your property that guests may not know?
A) • Fisher Island was once the winter estate of the William Vanderbilt family. The Vanderbilt family obtained the island by trading their yacht to Carl Fisher in exchange for the island.
• Fisher Island is one of the wealthiest zip codes in the United States
• On the island, there’s a fire station, post office, bank, Island Market, security office, playground, dog park, and private school so there’s really no need to leave the island!
Q) Can you take me through what a guests stay would be like and what an average day might entail in terms of activities, etc?
A) Typically, our guest’s day starts off at The Beach Club where they’ll enjoy a delicious breakfast. From there, guests either head to the golf course for their tee time, practice their tennis skills with one of the tennis pros, or just relax at The Beach Club where waiters bring them frozen drinks to help keep them cool. After a long day in the sun, guests head to the spa to enjoy a relaxing massage or they try out one of the numerous fitness classes the gym has to offer. For dinner, guests head to one of the (6) restaurants located on the island while soaking up the views of the marina or downtown Miami.
Q) Have you had any notable guests or celebrities visit that you can share?
A) We cannot disclose any of the celebrities that have stayed with us; however, we can note that Oprah Winfrey and Julia Roberts used to own a place on Fisher Island!
Q) What elements about your property are truly luxurious?
A) We’re an all-suite properties and all of our suites have ocean views with a large balcony and include the following Luxury Services:
• Personalized welcome and VIP check-in to your suite
• Personalized escort to the membership office, facilitation of your temporary membership account
• Full luggage assistance and in-suite room orientation • On island personalized concierge assistance 24 hours a day
• Full daily luxury housekeeping to top end luxury standards, including daily linen replacement and linen sanitation service
• Daily suite turn down service and daily replenishment of luxury bath amenities
• On island housekeeping, concierge and engineering support available for you on a moments request
• Golf Cart included for your in-island convenience
Q) What advice do you have for guests who are staying at your resort?
A) Relax and take advantage of all of the wonderful amenities Fisher Island Club offers!
Q) What is the best time to travel to Provident Luxury Suites Fisher Island?
A) Our most popular time to travel is December-April; however, there’s no bad time to visit the Sunshine state!