glad it worked out. I always check the hotels site for available dates before I bid on an auction. I usually know the timeframe I want to travel and look for packages that include that timeframe and check with the property by email - if they say they have openings on the dates I mention then I go an bid on the auction.
Glad it worked out in the end. It could very well be, that the property was holding back, thinking they might get "higher paying customers" over the weekend. After all, it is still "leaf season" but they should have been more forthcoming. As a rule, we have never had any problems with LL packages, in the US or in Europe.
Please be cautious with dates on Family Getaways. When you check the property for availability, please do tell them it is with LL or FG. There MIGHT be different dates only available for the auctions. I came across this with our Baltimore trip. (actually, just got my 2nd trip to Pier five!). Even with dates through reservation available, they might only have certain dates for LL/FG.) I worked with the wonderful Jim at LL and he checked before I bid. Then..the wonderful Dena, booked immediately with the property....Great team!!! This means that Mackenzie Guinevere is heading back to Baltimore before year end!! WEO.