Hello, has anyone been on an LL auction that includes Machu pichu and the rainforest. I am planning a bid and just want to know how it all works out; if I want to add a day here or there is it possible? Never done this before and a trip I was planning happened to pop up as an auction at more than half what I was going to pay. That makes me a bit worried that it may not run "smoothly" Any experiences you can share would help. Thanks, g.
Hi danaa70. I was also looking at the Inkaterra packages to Peru. I called Inkaterra to work on some details that I wanted to know. They were extremely helpful. They are the ones who suggested to me that they could add on extra days and coordinate this part of the trip. (I was looking at flying into Lima and they would coordinate hotels). They even suggested the itinerary for their part of the package and other places to visit. I was very impressed.
Thanks all for the help; I bid on the trip and it looks like we are going! I called Inkaterra and they are being helpful in the coordination of the trip; I'll give updates as we head on. It looks like a May trip! Thanks again, D.
Hi Bonniejoy...funny thing you asked. I was just getting ready to report in on my progress - None!
I think I will keep a weekly journal here on the LL community site; maybe it will tell the LL people something
. I am a bit disappointed by the non-response after my initial call to Inkaterra about the trip webidon and Have PAID For. Apparently May is a popular time - though not yet high season-- so there are plenty of dates available, but beingtwo differentareas (Rainforest and Machu) it takes a bit to coordinate. That is something I enjoy doing and using their sites hashelped, but I need a real person on the other end!! I am really working on dates myself; using their web site etc. But none of my emails or phone calls are being returned. (Just an email saying they received it and working on it would be nice)This is not a good thing. I have contacted some lodgings that I want to stay in between Amazonica and Machu andthey have immediately returned email inquiries...One has also sent me online advice, guide advice...everything I thought maybe Inkaterra would do. Iam extremely disappointed so far. Although it has only been several days, I was led to believe I needed to secure my dates immediately. I have chosen dates, given alternative dates; asked for open dates - everything I can think of so I can nail down some air. Still, no response. We'll see what next week brings!
Like I said....very disappointed . They have the money; they need to deliver. Dana
YIKES....Thanks Dana for that feedback. That is so discouraging. My opinion to you is to call Luxury Link direct at this point. The facility should be getting back to you within 48 hours. (I believe that is fair.) Now, I had this problem once. Do make sure that your emails are not blocked. For example, I am on comcast now. I have a section called Screened Mail. I have let mail go in there. In the past, I did not see any "spam" mail. Now, I have a seperate file for it. Its interesting what goes in there...some good things! But, you did say that you called also. So, that is not good. Please call LL. I would feel frustrated also. Plus, you need to coordinate other properties. There is no reason that you can't email you back to confirm they have received your information/request.
Bonniejoy - I thought the same - contact LL direct and that will definitely be my next step. After yesterday - I called Inkatarra and spoke to the person responsible for implementing the trip for me; and because of language and cell phone problems we could not connect - but when I asked if she had received my emails, she did say yes. So now it is time for me to get on LL. I was able to "plan" and coordinate the properties just by utilizing Inkaterra's on line booking system.Why can't the person in charge do that! Its so discouraging.
I am posting these problems as they occur because I do want everyone know how these auctions may work (or not) after the bidding process. I have never done this type of trip before-- and believe me its stressful. Do not know if I would do it again. I am diligent enough to keep after people and if necessary I will find the director of Inkaterra and make that squeaky wheel spark! But, some others may not get mad enough to follow thru so I thought I'd share my experiences.
If anyone else has any thoughts on dealing with this issues, please share!
...An update 4 anyone following this story: awarded package (MP Adventure with Inkaterra) - contacted themimmediately...1st contact everything seemed to be in order...talked about dates, lining up trains, planes and automobiles.
Not a word since...
sent several emails, phone calls as space is very limited and I wanted one of the dates available,needed to arrange air, and a lodging in SV thatwewanted while in the area and they are ALMOST SOLD OUT. . Still no response.
So today I finally emailed Luxury Link Management and hope they can help. They should be made aware of these problems for future contracts they make with these "luxury" establishments.
Will let the LL community know what happens - and if Intakerra and LL come through. I see they have more MP and Cusco along with the Amazon trip on bid again. I'd be aware and watch my story unfold before bidding...just my personal thought.
If this has happened to anyone else, please let me know how it was resolved. I am extremely disappointed this has happened and my initial enthusiasm for this trip is very much diminished. Who knows what will happen if I ever get to Peru! Dana
Hi all, I have to give credit when it is due...I received my itinerary just this hour. So HURRAH! I don't know whether my email to LL had anything to do with it, or if it just "happened" to be; but whatever..I am excited once again and hope to put this part behind me. I am so looking foward to seeing Machu Pichu and the rainforest of the Amazon I just cannot see straight. Will definitely give a trip report in May. Dana
Hi Danaa70. Yeah. Glad this is resolved. I believe LL probably helped with this situation. In my opinion, I would also follow up maybe once a month prior to the trip. (I did this with one property and I felt it helped my peace of mind.) Have a great trip. We can't wait to hear about it. Are you going in May? Who is coordinating the other part of the trip (I assume Lima?)